A friend of mine called today asking for off-beat ideas for presenting an online quiz. His group has been asked to design an interactive online quiz over the weekend . The said quiz needs to be super user friendly and should provide a quick yet fair assessment of a test-taker's performance in an innovative fashion. My instant thoughts on essential elements of a good Quiz are:
- Imagination and Humor - C'mmon we all need fun right?
- Intriguing Questions as against general open ended questions.
- Questions should arouse curiosity and should have novelty.
- Questions should appeal to a wider set of audience.
- Smooth Point of Entry with easy self-explanatory pointers.
- Questions should combine the Familiar with the Unfamiliar.
- Careful phrasing of questions.
- They should test a candidate's visual-spatial intelligence in addition to logic.
- Use of cartoons / illustrations as against detailed instructions.
- Give Feedback / Encourage responses given by candidates towards the end of quiz.
While I help my friend over the weekend-have a look at some of the simple yet amazing quizzes I came across while browsing few mins ago - here, here or here. Happy Halloween & wish you all a superb weekend ahead !
"All human power is a compound of time and patience !"