Google Chrome, Apple's anticipated new iPODs, Serena Vs Venus Match or Federer's nail biting victory in US Open Qtr Finals, the ever rising hoopla about Presidential Campaigns, the Movie 'Rock On' and Microsot's latest Ad's critical reviews- this week seems to be roaring with remarkable news and each one of these is just swamping the blogosphere with zillions of blog posts ! What a phenomenal week this has been so far !! Sometimes, I wonder whether reading so much of eccentric reviews centred news is good for us?. Before you try a product just lauched in the market and make your own opinion, a phenomenal buzz (ofcourse product needs to be HOT) about reviews of the product are already out there. Well, they do give us an idea or a headsup thereby saving a disappointment later but point is does an overdoze of news hinders one's judgemental ability? Well - I don't know for sure ! Anyways, I was lil' curious and decided to find out events of the past that made news today. Here are few of 'em that (I believe) made an impact in history:
- French Revolution initiated the The Reign Of Terror 
- The first United States Labor Day parade is held in New York City
- Sylvanus F. Bowser delivers the first gasoline pump .
- Sir Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was born .
- First Battle of the Marne  began. This was one of the first battles where reconnaissanceplanes and taxicabs were put to smart use. (Unfortunately war resulted in way too many casualties)
- The United States declared its neutrality in World War II .
- Voyager 1 is launched by NASA .
- Humanitarian Mother Teresa, who won a Nobel Peace Prize for her work with the poor, died in Calcutta, India, at age 87 .
- I wrote yet another blog post .
Oh and yes my room-mate was mentioning yesterday that somehow we seem to performing well when explicit deadlines are declared. What a revelation !! (:P). But thanks to him I realised that there are just 117 days remaining before the year 2008 bids good bye to all of us. I better hurry and revisit my resolutions & promises made for this year or else I'll have an even lengthier list for 2009 :) For the weekend that's almost knocking the door, I wish you'll have a blast with your loved ones around !!
`The world around always seeks answer for "What's in it for me?"`