Going by the basic probability - anyone would know that one has absolutely no control over the outcome on any game of chance. I mean i am not hitting the slot machine with any of my cortical or physical skill - yet it tends to be so so addictive. I played 4 games in a row myself before my friends took me over to a new game!! Here's what I observed-
- Amidst the constant barrage of noises-spin of Slot Machines, Dind Dong sound of coins hitting the metal, chit chat of people discussing their wins, pitter patter of Casino Staff boosting you always somehow gives one a false yet very strong sense of hope.
- In every section, I witnesses winners near highly trafficked zones - was it intentional on part of Casino Staff- may be..!!
- This was the only place where soft drinks & booze was delivered to players without them having to get up. People are made to feel that they influence the games evident from - the expression of people when they were throwing the die, deciding when to split at Blackjack or choosing series of numbers at slot machines.
- Rhythm can be best noticed-everything happens in rapid succession. Money's on the line, people predict, try their luck, many loose some win - yet the process continues on and on.
- The attire (or lackof) of the staff definitely influences the atmosphere inside - dealers in characteristic uniform, pit bosses in black suits, servers in striking outfits et all.
- The Confidence, energy & cheerfulness of the Lady at Poker Table - I made her sketch (shown above) as soon as I returned back :)
By the way saw a nice article while Googling about Casino Design. For those of you who would want to learn more about Donald Trump & his line of thinking have a look at this video.