Monday, May 18, 2009

Wol-framing...!

[Image Courtesy - SobelMedia]
I am sure that by now most of you would have either read the numerous reviews of WolframAlpha, an ultra-trendy new search engine by Stephen Wolfram and his team of distinguished scientists and mathematicians or tried comparing Wolfram's search results with those of Google/Live/Yahoo/Ask. Here are some of the salient (and cool) features of WolframAlpha that make it worth trying:
  • Highly Intuitive: Since, it relies heavily on the expert knowledge and statistics, some of the search queries give much better results than those given my other search engines. Lets say we wish to quickly run a comparison between Nissan and GM and we enter "Nissan, GM" in the search bar of WolframAlpha. Boom - it gives us the latest stock prices, market caps, revenues, earnings per share etc. of both the companies in a tabular form and within seconds you learn which company is doing better. Check this or this.
  • Highly Data Driven: Whenever, you need more information about some specific metric say a date, a town, a country or a formula - just put that information in the search bar and Wolfram fetches yoo the elaborate and related results within seconds. Seeking information about a city or an event is as simple as this or this.
  • Great Learning Resource: Haven't you heard that a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, I find WolframAlpha to be great resource for learning music or even sports. Check this or this.
  • Instant Weather Check: Real time Weather information is just a click away now. Check this.
And I am sure the list goes on and on. In a nutshell I would say that this new search engine does a remarkable job in searching, processing and fetching us back the systematic knowledge on the WWW. Lets wait and watch-something tells me that folks at Wolfram Research are going to come up with many more inovative features in the days to come. If you do find some exciting feature about WolframAlpha, do let me know. Till then
Happy Wol-framing :D

"All exact science is dominated by the idea of approximation."~Bertrand Russell

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://tinyurl.com/25sar7

Anonymous said...

Very Interesting read!Woahhhh

Anonymous said...

I want not approve on it. I regard as precise post. Expressly the title-deed attracted me to review the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

I am the sort of guy who loves to seek recent things. Presently I'm building my personalized pv panels. I am doing it all alone without the assistance of my men. I'm utilizing the internet as the only path to acheive this. I came across a truly awesome website that explains how to contruct solar panels and wind generators. The internet site explains all the steps needed for photovoltaic panel building.

I'm not exactly sure bout how correct the information given there is. If some guys over here who had xp with these works can have a see and give your feedback in the thread it would be awesome and I would highly treasure it, because I extremely like [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. You guys are great.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin earning with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Ola, what's up amigos? :)
Hope to receive any assistance from you if I will have some quesitons.
Thanks in advance and good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

I am able to make link exchange with HIGH pr pages on related keywords like [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com]bad credit loans[/url] and other financial keywords.
My web page is www.usainstantpayday.com

If your page is important contact me.
please only good pages, wih PR>2 and related to financial keywords
Thanks
SkedVexyTek