Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh-Ba-Ma...!

[Image Source - http://www.hearye.org]

The high-wattage Presidential Inaugration ceremony held in Washington DC this Tuesday created the much anticipated ripples both before and after the event. While there have been umpteen discussions on various News Channels on how the new administration is going to provide the thrust to the US Economy amidst the prevailing turbulent times with record deficits, phenomenal national debt, ever-growing economic crisis and ofcourse the ever-rising unemployment, what amazes me is that Obama stays (super) positive and is keen on putting people from thinking mode (What would happen if? Can I do this? Should I study further? How do I protect my investments?) to working mode (Yes, I can! Lets do it !).

I had an elaborate discussion on the specific elements of his inaugration speech with my parents back home(in India) yesterday (Thanks to Gtalk which keeps getting better everyday) and we talked about what the so called "CHANGE" means and as individuals what can we do to help initiate and sustain this change for good. The talk was quite an eye-opener for me for as expected my Dad & my grandfather had better statistics (GDP, Employment Figures, R&D Spend for India Vs US etc) and facts from history than I had and they could analyse the forthcoming changes in ways that totally impressed me (And I thought we Gen-Xers are good with numbers :D). Anyways here are the 4Es we arrived at (Focus Areas for the new govt.):
  • EMPLOYMENT

  • ENERGY

  • EMPOWERMENT

  • EXPLORATION (or Innovation)

All I would say is "Change is so much coming" :D. I wish Obama and team the very best and would like to dedicate my favorite line from STARWARS to them - "May the Force be with you!"

"A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. ~Einstein"

4 comments:

s k gupta said...

OBAMA'S ELEVATION IS CERTAINLY A UNIQUE TURNING POINT...
IT IS INSPIRING PEOPLE TO PAUSE .,THINK ..& MAKE NEW RESOLUTIONS TO MAKE A NEW BEGINNING.
THIS BLOG IS A CLASSICAL EXAMPLE OF THE INTEREST IN MASSES TO JOIN THIS REVOLUTION & CONTRIBUTE ..INDIVIDUALLY AS WELL AS COLLECTIVELY IN THIS GREAT TASK OF MAKING A BETTER WORLD.
CHANGE WE MUST.FOR THE BETTER..
WELL SAID CHINMAY..
KEEP IT UP.

ALL THE BEST..

Anonymous said...

ENLIGHTENING...

ANOTHER E ..IS WHAT WE PROPOSE
TO ADD SOME MORE VALUE TO THE BLOG..

WELL THOUGHT ..WELL SAID..

WHAT A UNIQUE WAY TO INTERPRET THE WAY NEW PRESIDENT THINKS..

Anonymous said...

What appealed me the most about your blog post was the catchy title of the post ; the oh-ba-ma title actually creates the melody of the Obama excitement.Keep it up always.

Chinmay said...

Thanks @Anonymous - I am glad you enjoyed reading the post.

Cheers !